Here are some tips and suggestions that will be helpful to you while preparing for your move:
1) Our quote was based on your information. However, if your job should run a little longer, additional time will be charged in fifteen minute increments. Reasonable travel time is figured into the bid. (Due to the cost of vehicle maintenance, insurance and labor costs, will be for travel which is shown as time in and time out. We charge a two hour minimum on any job where the use of our trucks is required. Due to the seasons high fuel costs, we are applying a 6% fuel surcharge to all moves.
2) Tape ALL boxes shut using 2" strapping/box tape. NO OPEN BOXES WILL BE MOVED. Place boxes together in a central location after packing to save time and money. Boxes packed by you (the customer) are not insured.
3) Label all boxes especially those with breakable items. It will also help if the boxes are labeled with the room that they came out of. Examples include: Kitchen, Bedroom #1, Bedroom #2 or Den.
4) If for any reason you need to change your moving date or time, please call the office to reschedule at your earliest opportunity, so we can book another customer in that time slot. Weekends and the end of the month are our busiest, so please plan accordingly. If you cancel your move less than 48 hours in advance of your move, you will be billed for 50% of the estimated time needed to complete your move.
5) Although we take every effort to move all your valued possessions without damage, we cannot be responsible for damage to household items made of particle board, unprotected glass and wicker furniture.
6) If you live in a building with an elevator please make any necessary arrangements to reserve it. Sharing might slow moving progress and cost you money. Contact your manager, owner or property management company.
7) In the event of unfavorable weather our crew can place cardboard or pads down to protect carpets or hardwood floors. We reserve the right to request that all customers not help load or unload the truck due to insurance regulations.
8) We do not move the following items: hot tubs, grand pianos, firewood, hazardous materials, gasoline, propane gas, paint, construction materials such as sheet rock, cement, etc., used auto parts, large commercial machinery or firearms and ammunition.
9) Please be available one hour before the prearranged appointment time. The moving business is unpredictable at times and we ask for your patience on your moving day. The time we have appointed for you may change slightly unless you are scheduled at 9:00 A.M. Also, please do not request that your telephone service be disconnected the day of the move.Tips: As with any service occupation, our crews do accept tips. Tips are not required or mandatory on your part, but if our crew does an outstanding job for you, and you liked the quality of service the crew provided to you, a tip would be appreciated.
10) Please do not schedule other activities after your move. Upon occasion your move may run late, and you can miss your appointment. We cannot be held responsible for any missed concerts, flights, etc., or other missed appointments.
11) Electronic components such as stereos, computers and other delicate equipment must be packed in its original shipping box or in a box that affords the same degree of protection as the original shipping container. We will move these items without proper packing, but we are unable to take responsibility for any damage that may occur. Many customers elect to move these items on their own. Televisions need not be packed, as we will cover them with furniture pads for protection.
12) Dresser drawers can be left moderately full with clothing items. We do ask that you remove any valuables (cash or coin collections, jewelry, firearms etc.) before we arrive. We do not accept any liability for moving these items.
13) Two drawer file cabinets may be left full. Four drawer file cabinets and lateral file cabinets must be empty. Desks, storage cabinets, credenzas and bookcases must be empty of contents prior to moving.
14) Refrigerators and freezers must be empty prior to moving. Please have your washer and dryer disconnected before we arrive. We also recommend that you replace your water fill hoses on your washing machine if they are over five years old. (They can split and fail with age.)
15) Please have all beds disassembled prior to our arrival, if possible. We will gladly disassemble and set up your beds, but this will take extra time and therefore, will insure additional costs. We can assist with disconnecting and hooking up your washer and dryer if the proper connections are available. We reserve the right to decline hooking these appliances up unless you sign the no liability waiver.
16) If your home has a garage or storage shed, please make sure that the contents are boxed up. Items such as rakes, shovels and other long handled garage or garden implements should be taped together top and bottom (4 or 5 items together).
17) We reserve the right to not insure against damage if in our professional judgment you request that an item be moved that is in poor condition, or into or out of, an area that has very poor access, or is not designed to be moved into a particular space. Furniture moved over railing or through windows are done solely at the customers risk.
18) We accept no liability for any damage if we are loading your rental truck, once you leave and are on the road.
19) The key to a successful move is proper preparation, planning and a good measure of common sense on your part. Our estimate is based upon your following the tips listed in this letter. Failure to follow these tips will result in a larger moving bill from us. If it can fit in a box, it belongs in one. The major reason for going over our estimate is not having EVERYTHING boxed, or having boxes without lids!
20) Household plants will be moved only by the discretion of the driver. Whiskey barrels, water soaked plants and plants in ceramic clay pots will not be moved. Moving trucks are designed for moving expensive furniture (not dirt). If you need assistance moving large plants, trees and landscaping items we suggest calling a nursery company.
21) If at any time during your move you have a question, or are concerned about a valuable piece price, contact us